How do I retry failed payments?
If a customer starts a payment plan and their card fails, you can enable Retry Failed Payments. This will attempt to retry the customer's card on file.
To enable this, follow these steps:
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to WooCommerce > Settings > and click Payment Plans.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate Retry Failed Payments.
- Then, check Enable automatic retry of failed recurring payments.
- Finally, click Save changes.
Payments that fail will be retried up to 5 times during the proceeding 7 days, like this:
- Retry attempt #1: 12 hours later
- Retry attempt #2: 1 day later
- Retry attempt #3: 2 days later
- Retry attempt #4: 4 days later
- Retry attempt #5: 7 days later